Friday 24 July 2015

Galway Races..Ladies Day Guide, To-Do List: Part 2- "The Beauty Side"

Hello Dolls,

So I hope you liked yesterdays post Part 1: The Outfit. In my posts I will included some business`s or places I think are great, because being a Galway Girl, I think it is important to support local and country business`s. 
Just as a small disclaimer, I have not been sponsored to do this post or speak about anyone in my posts, this is all 100% me and my thoughts. 

So moving on the fun bit. I really think this is the part that takes the longest. Weather you are doing it yourself or even the thought of what you want, so that your whole look comes together the way you imagine. 

For me, I will be doing all myself. NO PRESSURE!! ha!
But I enjoy it so, it is half the battle. But if you do not like doing the whole Hair, Nails and Makeup yourself, then you can book to get all done, so their is no stress!


"Hair"

So the question on the day of the races do you wear your hair up or down, or have best of both worlds and go half up! Is their a possibility of rain? Knowing our weather more than likely! So you need to decided what works best for you, for me I haven't decided yet. I think if you are doing your own hair, do at least 1 or 2 trial runs, to see try things out and also to see how long it take your. 
If you are getting it done professionally, I would suggest bringing as many pictures to the hairdressers to give them exactly the look you are looking for and make sure you express what you want and how you want it. 
Usually the night before, you will want to wash your hair as normally, and use as little products as possible, as you want as much grip and texture the next day so that your hair will hold all day. So let it air dry and them blast dry it when its nearly dry. 
Remember whether you are getting it done professionally or at home, get yourself a good hairspray! You will need alot of it!! :) 

Races Hair
image polyvore


"Makeup "

So my favourite, this can be very hard, especially if you are like me and you can not decided from a red or nude lip and you love so many colours. :) Decisions!
When I think races, I think the exact same way as I would for a wedding. You want it to stand out but also not look like you are going clubbing. You want to define your features. But if your all about being alternative, then ROCK IT! 
I have chosen 3 looks that I created on Polyvore. 

Look #1
Smokey Eye with a Nude Lip

I chose a different colour palette for the eyes, instead of your blacks and bronze, I picked a cranberry, plum undertone shade. Something different, but I think still looks create. Its soft and adding something with this tone will really make eyes pop. Adding a nude with a similar undertone and blush with a similar under tone will bring the colours together. Everything is very cool toned. The coverage of the foundation should be full coverage as you want nothing to take away from the eyes and everything flawless. And added the usual contour and a liquid highlight that has pink tone :)

Cranberry and Nude Lip



Look #2
Soft Gold Eye with Red Lip.

Something, that is a classic. So with this keeping everything simple, from the eyes having a defined crease and some shimmer with gold on the lid. Contour and highlight as usual. Instead of a true red, I thought for this time of year a Orange toned red like MAC Lady Danger is a great alternative. If you love a red lip but are tired of the same true red, playing with shades can be fun.  Foundation, should be matte.

Red Day Ladies Day



Look #3:
Bronze/Brown Eye with Coral Lip

This is a great look for anyone who loves pink but wants a different tone/shade. Playing with bronze shades on the lids and brown/taupe tones in the crease. Again adding your contour and highlight, I like a little extra highlight on this one myself.:)
Lip I chose In with Coral from Maybelline, I own this one myself and I love it, and it gave me the inspiration.:) As for foundation, I think something that is dewy or satin will work will with this.

coral and bronze




"Nails"

Lastly are the Tallons! :)
So weather you go Nude, Bold or with a french polish, that it is up to you.
Shellac is great if you want something low maintenance and lasts up to 3 weeks.:) For a little more length and shape then acrylic nails with gel polish maybe for you. Or else go with your own home nails with some great gel based polishes, which are on the market. I love Barry M and Suzanne Jackson`s Polishes as well as Sally Hansons Gel based polish. A tip if you have no time or money to get your nails done but want to rock a colour. Get some clear false nails, paint them the night before and them stick them on in the morning. But if you want nail art then I suggest a professional. 

Nails ladies day


All my boards can be found on my  Polyvore.

If you are in Galway and want to get pampered and get all done on the day then here is a pick of some business`s I recommend....


Last month, Galway finally got a Inglot store. Which I am obsessed with. If you are in the town and want to get your makeup done by the great team of PRO MUA`s then I would get booking now. The girls are also great if you need a quick one on one lesson or if you need help choosing colours for yourself. Inglot in Galway is located upstair in Cara Pharmacy in Eyre Square. 
Book early! 


Brown Thomas is located on 18-21 Eglington Buildings, Galway. In Brown Thomas, their are a selection of makeup counters, but one I always go to and love its MAC. The girls their are great and are really helpful, weather you are buying products or are getting your makeup done.  Again like Inglot and any counter you visit, book asap.


This maybe your one stop shop! Redcats is located Unit 212/213 in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre Galway.  Here you can get your Hair, Shellac/File & Polish and Makeup done. All can be done in one stop! We love!! <3 The staff are great and friendly and great deals and offers all the time.


If you don`t fancy traveling into Galway in the morning, but still want your hair done, then Hair Inc. located in Ballinderreen is the right choice. Owner and head hair dresser/stylist Breda is great and will work her magic to make you look a million dollars. Located beside Applegreen in Ballinderreen (which is a small village just before Kinvara in South Galway)


Yourells is another great salon located in Galway city. 23-25 Eyre Street, Galway City.  They have great staff and will create whatever look you desire. 
There is nothing they cannot do,

Prestige is another one stop for all your beauty needs. Located 37 Eyre Square in Galway City. Ran by Monika, she has a great staff that will be their for all your needs, from hair, to makeup to gel nails, shellac, wax, tan etc... 


Remember their is 6DAYS to Ladies Day so you would really need to get a move on booking an appointment!!  


*Disclaimer: I was not sponsored to do this post and all the thoughts are my own*


If you want to contact me or add me on the following social media platforms then please do:)

Email: nataliekeanemua@gmail.com



Instagram: nataliekeanemua

Snapchat: nataliekeanemua


Tomorrow is Part 3, I will be going through Skincare & Tan for the Races. :) 

So until tomorrow..:)





No comments:

Post a Comment